The Captain's B(Log)
- 'Captain' Will Alexander writes about dog shows, life on the road & other musings.
- Donna Jenkins shares her view as a Owner/Handler
- Petition to return control of breed standards to the National Clubs
- Application for July 15th deadline for 'The Sonny Fund'
- Contact the CDJA to offer Ringside Mentoring & Breed Presentations
- The CKC Foundation is awarding grants for health research
- Contact information for the 2012 - 2014 Canadian Kennel Club Board of Directors.
- So far today Canuck Dogs has had 159,094 visitors.
- Canuck Dogs receives on average 123,304 visitors a day.
- Last month Canuck Dogs received 5,937,004 visitors.
- Since March 26, 2010, Canuck Dogs received 191,244,177 visitors.
- The top 10 days for visitors on Canuck Dogs:
Did you know
406,966 on Aug 3, 2013
380,589 on Aug 4, 2013
368,972 on Jun 16, 2013
343,134 on Aug 5, 2013
341,008 on Mar 2, 2014
325,224 on Dec 18, 2012
318,629 on Aug 11, 2013
316,949 on Feb 26, 2013
316,631 on Mar 23, 2014
This section will give you the most recent updates to Canuck Dogs. You can find out what has been added by checking here periodically.
October 7th, 2013
• Weekly Newsletter
Free Weekly newsletter from Canuck Dogs
Delivered weekly, it features provincial standings including new standings only available in the newsletter, recently published premium lists, schedules, show bulletins and more. Coming soon, you will be able to customize your version of the newletter, including choosing your province(s), standings, features and more.
September 9th, 2013
• Classified Ads
Free classified advertising
Sign up for a free account then log in and post your classified ad in the applicable category.
August 15th, 2013
• Group % Standings
Best of Breed to Group Placement percentage standings
Standings based on the percentage of times a dog wins the breed and goes on to place in the group.
July 5th, 2013
• Weekly Standings
Standings based on points won in the current week (Tuesday to Monday)
Points are accumulated between Tuesday morning and Monday (midnight) of the following week. Points reset to zero every Tuesday morning and do not accumulate from week to week. This is a one-week snapshot of points, based on the current week's shows.
February 24th, 2012
• Conformation Standings Additions
(1) 2011 Conformation Standings
Best of Breed wins have been added to the 2011 Conformation and Provincial Conformation standings. In breeds with large breed entries, you may see a change in the final 2011 standings.
(2) Breed Point standings
To enhance the 2011 standings, Canuck Dogs has included Breed Point standings, which are based on the number of dogs defeated in your breed. Breed Point standings are different from the Conformation standings. Breed Point standings ONLY include Best of Breed wins; the regular Conformation standings include Group placements and BIS and BISS wins. Your dog may be # 1 in its breed in the regular Conformation standings but not be # 1 in the Breed Point standings or vice versa. The Breed Point standings are a step towards acknowledging the importance of breed competition.
The 2012 standings will be continously adjusted with Best of Breed results throughout the year, as the catalogues and files are sent in.
March 28th, 2011
• Conformation Standings by Province
These standings are based on shows in each province, so that a dog may appear in more than one province's standings.
• Individual dog's results records are now separated into the different types of results
Results are separated into Conformation, Obedience, Rally Obedience sections
May 12th, 2010 - Obedience & Rally Point Systems
Obedience and rally obedience top dog point systems are now online. The goal is to be no more than 1 to 2 weeks behind in entering trial results.
Obedience points are based on scores earned in the Open and Utility classes and uses the following points schedule:
|198 - 199.5||7|
|195 - 197.5||6|
|190 - 194.5||5|
|185 - 189.5||4|
|180 - 184.5||3|
|175 - 179.5||2|
|170 - 174.5||1|
Rally obedience points are based on scores earned in the Advanced and Excellent classes and uses the following points schedule:
|98 - 99||7|
|95 - 97||6|
|90 - 94||5|
|85 - 89||4|
|80 - 84||3|
|75 - 79||2|
|70 - 74||1|
March 25th, 2010
In addition to the base version of the new site, there are new features including
• Improved menu system and access to pages
• Judge, dog show record, and event search
• New event pages, including Obedience, Lure Coursing, Junior Handling events
• Improved judges directory (still a work in progress)
• Stay tuned, lots more to come!