|EVENT INFORMATION|| << Return To Previous Page|
|Battle River Canine Association |
March 24, 2017 - March 26, 2017
Camrose, Alberta (Indoor)
Description: 3 All Breed Shows / 3 Obedience Trials / 3 Rally Trials / Scent Hurdling Trial
Address: Camrose Regional Exhibition, 4250 Exhibition Drive, Camrose, Alberta T4V 4R4
Closing Date: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 @ 8:00 p.m. (Mountain)
Friday, March 24
Saturday, March 25
Sunday, March 26
Friday, March 24 (Obedience Trial #1)
Saturday, March 25 (Obedience Trial #2)
Sunday, March 26 (Obedience Trial #3)
Friday, March 24 (Rally Obedience Trial #1)
Saturday, March 25 (Rally Obedience Trial #2)
Sunday, March 26 (Rally Obedience Trial #3)
Conformation - Stephen Dainard (Ontario, Canada)
Conformation - Barbara Heal (Ontario, Canada)
Conformation - Denise Cornelssen (Alberta, Canada)
Conformation - Suzanne Hemminger (Illinois, USA)
Conformation - Raymundo Lo (Quezon City, Philippines)
Conformation - Judy McVeigh (Alberta, Canada)
Obedience - Suzanne Hemminger (Illinois, USA)
Obedience - Edward Leslie (Ontario, Canada)
Obedience - Jeffrey Lunder (Alberta, Canada)
Rally Obedience - Suzanne Hemminger (Illinois, USA)
Rally Obedience - Edward Leslie (Ontario, Canada)
Rally Obedience - Jeffrey Lunder (Alberta, Canada)
Sweepstakes - Karen Ibbitson (Alberta, Canada)
Sweepstakes - Doug Smith (Alberta, Canada)
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 25, 2017 Mar 26, 2017 Bests Stephen Dainard Raymundo Lo Judy McVeigh Group 1 Judy McVeigh
Griffon (Wire-Haired Pointing)
Pointer (German Long-Haired)
Pointer (German Wire-Haired)
Retriever (Chesapeake Bay)
Setter (Irish Red & White)
Spaniel (American Cocker)
Spaniel (American Water)
Spaniel (Blue Picardy)
Spaniel (English Cocker)
Spaniel (English Springer)
Spaniel (Irish Water)
Spaniel (Welsh Springer)
Spanish Water Dog
Pointer (German Short-Haired)
Retriever (Nova Scotia Duck Tolling)
Raymundo Lo Group 2 Barbara Heal Stephen Dainard Raymundo Lo Group 3 Raymundo Lo Barbara Heal Stephen Dainard Group 4 Raymundo Lo Judy McVeigh Stephen Dainard Group 5 Stephen Dainard Raymundo Lo Denise Cornelssen Group 6 Barbara Heal Stephen Dainard Judy McVeigh Group 7 Stephen Dainard
Australian Cattle Dog
Belgian Shepherd Dog
Australian Stumpy Tail Cattle Dog
Berger Des Pyrenees
Bouvier des Flandres
German Shepherd Dog
Old English Sheepdog
Polish Lowland Sheepdog
Tatra Shepherd Dog
Welsh Corgi (Cardigan)
Welsh Corgi (Pembroke)
Forms & Links
Clinic Flyer [Eye]
Comp 56, Site 11, R.R. 2
Sexsmith, AB T0H 3C0
Battle River Eye Clinic - CAER / OFA Eye Clinic with Dr. Bruce Grahn
Conformation Sanction Match - Rocky Mountain Working Herding Club of Alberta Sanction Match for all breeds
Rally Obedience Sanction Match - Battle River Canine Association Rally Sanction Match for all breeds
Junior Handling- Conformation & Obedience
Saturday, March 25th at 12:00 noon. Entry Fee: $2 payable at registration. Registration is on Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Judges: TBA.
* There will be a hotel shortage for the spring show. We are encouraging people to book right away to ensure that you have a place to stay. See the Special Notice flyer for a list of hotels. ** Update: Ramada Inn Camrose has added 15 rooms. Rate is $139.99/night + pet fee + tax. Contact Kara at 780-672-5220.
Obedience Mat Time
Thursday, March 24th starting at approx. 5:30 pm. Cost: $10.00 per run or $15.00 per double run, same dog.
Boosters for Portuguese Water Dogs (Saturday/Sunday Obedience/Rally), Whippets (Sunday - Raymond Lo).
Scent Hurdling Tournament
Saturday, March 25th after High in Trial. For entry forms contact the Regional Representative, Avril Tatterson, at email@example.com or call (403) 796-2994. Completed forms along with the $10 entry fee per team must be forwarded to the BRCA Show Secretary. Copies must also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and CSHRAstatistician@shaw.ca by the closing date of the BRCA show.
There will be plenty of unreserved benching spots for exhibitors with only a few dogs. Reserved benching is available for exhibitors and handlers with 6 or 12+ or more dogs or groups of exhibitors with 6 or 12+ dogs. Power is also available for $50 for the weekend if you did not reserve benching. Include power with your entries.
Judge Overloads & Changes
Charlotte Patterson is unable to fulfill her assignment. Judy McVeigh will take over her assignment except for Toys on Sunday which will be judged by Denise Cornelssen.
The following changes are in place due to judging overloads on Saturday in Groups 1 and 7:
1. Sporting:- Suzanne Hemminger will be judging Pointer(German Short-Haired), Retriever (Flat Coated), Retriever (Golden) Retriever (Labrador), Retriever (N.S.D.T.), Setter (English) and Setter (Irish). The balance of the group including group judging will be done by Stephen Dainard.
2. Herding:- Judy McVeigh will be judging Australian Cattle Dog, Australian Shepard, Bearded Collie and Belgian Shepard. The balance of the group including group judging will be done by Raymond Lo.
|Dog Name||GCh Wynneira's Sweet Little Lady|
|Owner||Kellie James & G Paula Wakely|
|Breed||American Eskimo Dog (Toy)|
Featured LinksThe Canadian Kennel Club
- The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) is the primary registry body for purebred dogs in Canada and currently recognizes 187 breeds.
- Considering purchasing a purebred dog? The Puppy List is an easy-to-use searchable database that includes contact information for CKC Member Breeders.
- Adding a new member to your family can be an exciting and patience-trying experience. Before contacting potential breeders, visit CKC’s Finding an Accountable Breeder page for a list of key tips to help you find the right breeder for you.
- Barry Truax's Top Dog stats for 1988 - 2007 plus Terriers up to 2017.
- Contact the CDJA to offer Ringside Mentoring & Breed Presentations
- A Canada wide initiative by dedicated enthusiasts, designed to promote the benefits of purebred dog ownership.
Did you know
- So far today Canuck Dogs has had 79,648 visitors.
- Canuck Dogs receives on average 128,447 visitors a day.
- Last month Canuck Dogs received 2,274,067 visitors.
- Since March 26, 2010, Canuck Dogs received 614,875,412 visitors.