|Judge Name:||Betty Winthers|
|Types of Shows:||Obedience Trial,Conformation|
|Type of Breeds|
|Betty M. Winthers, of Lynnwood, Washington, has been active in the sport for more than 60 years, encompassing a wide range of experience as breeder, exhibitor, trainer, judge, and as an AKC Executive Field Reprehensive of Obedience, Tracking and Rally.
Betty is an AKC Breeder of Merit who has bred and exhibited German Shepherd Dogs with obedience titles ranging from CD, CDX, UD, UDT; a Champion CDX Miniature Poodle, a CDX Papillon as well as many Champion Papillons.
She became an AKC-approved judge in 1969 and is now approved to judge Obedience, Tracking, Rally, Conformation and Junior Showmanship. Betty has judged throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. She is and active club member, serving as an officer and Board member for the German Shepherd Dog Club of America, German Shepherd Dog Club of Washington, the Washington State Obedience Training Club, and Olympic Kennel Club and is also a Life Member for those clubs. Betty served as show secretary for the German Shepherd Dog Club of America for seven years and is a club member of the Papillon Club of America and Papillon Association of Puget Sound. She was the AKC Delegate for the Olympic Kennel Club from 1987 until 1992 and became their Delegate again in 2014.
During her tenure as a Field Rep she conducted seminars and worked with prospective judges to expand AKC judges' base. By educating judges to conform to AKC Rules and Regulations, she helped to create exceptional judges.
Betty was nominated for the AKC Lifetime Achievement Award in 2011, and is the recipient of the Gaines Sportsman award for the German Shepherd Dog Club of Washington State. She is also the recipient of the D'Ambrisi award from the Association of Obedience Judges.
|Dog Name||GChS CoastalViews Winter Shades|
Featured LinksThe Canadian Kennel Club
- The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) is the primary registry body for purebred dogs in Canada and currently recognizes 187 breeds.
- Considering purchasing a purebred dog? The Puppy List is an easy-to-use searchable database that includes contact information for CKC Member Breeders.
- Adding a new member to your family can be an exciting and patience-trying experience. Before contacting potential breeders, visit CKC’s Finding an Accountable Breeder page for a list of key tips to help you find the right breeder for you.
- Barry Truax's Top Dog stats for 1988 - 2007 plus Terriers up to 2017.
- Contact the CDJA to offer Ringside Mentoring & Breed Presentations
- A Canada wide initiative by dedicated enthusiasts, designed to promote the benefits of purebred dog ownership.
Did you know
- So far today Canuck Dogs has had 12,222 visitors.
- Canuck Dogs receives on average 128,437 visitors a day.
- Last month Canuck Dogs received 2,274,067 visitors.
- Since March 26, 2010, Canuck Dogs received 614,699,763 visitors.