Return To Event
|Judge Name:||Ursula (Timmy) Ralfe|
|Location:||Gauteng, South Africa|
|Types of Shows:||Conformation|
|Type of Breeds|
|I had been breeding and showing Great Danes for a few
years, when one day I saw a picture of an Irish Wolfhound in
a magazine in the waiting room of my dentist. 1975. It struck
me like lightning: THIS was what I wanted! It took over 2 years
until I found the right puppy in October 1977. Charley (Ch.
Liscune Cormac) turned out to be a real character, confident,
funny, gentle. A wonderful show man, too. What he might
have lacked in structural quality he made up for in charm and
personality. I kept his son Ben, and then Ben’s son and so on.
I have lived with several Irish Wolfhounds ever since, until my last one – Adam – died in 2000. I live in South Africa, and by then it was time to have dogs that don’t just look like they might defend you.
Since the late 70s I have had the privilege to work with countless Irish Wolfhound puppies in basic obedience and show training, it’s always a pleasure to turn those little hooligans into agreeable little citizens.
I started to judge in the early 1980s, and this has allowed me to see beautiful dogs all over the world. I have judged the breed in many countries, and was privileged to judge Wolfhound Specialties in the USA, Germany, Russia, Ireland and South Africa. I am qualified to judge all Gundogs, Herding, Hounds and Working breeds.
I was the founder chairperson, and I am now an honorary life member of the Irish Wolfhound Club of South Africa, and I have presented several Breed Clinics on their behalf – a slide show which explains in some detail the breed standard requirements.
|Dog Name||Ch Avitar's Smoking Hot Jazz|
Featured LinksThe Canadian Kennel Club
- The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) is the primary registry body for purebred dogs in Canada and currently recognizes 187 breeds.
- Considering purchasing a purebred dog? The Puppy List is an easy-to-use searchable database that includes contact information for CKC Member Breeders.
- Adding a new member to your family can be an exciting and patience-trying experience. Before contacting potential breeders, visit CKC’s Finding an Accountable Breeder page for a list of key tips to help you find the right breeder for you.
- Barry Truax's Top Dog stats for 1988 - 2007 plus Terriers up to 2017.
- Contact the CDJA to offer Ringside Mentoring & Breed Presentations
- A Canada wide initiative by dedicated enthusiasts, designed to promote the benefits of purebred dog ownership.
Did you know
- So far today Canuck Dogs has had 10,331 visitors.
- Canuck Dogs receives on average 129,126 visitors a day.
- Last month Canuck Dogs received 1,944,260 visitors.
- Since March 26, 2010, Canuck Dogs received 609,476,606 visitors.