Return To Event
|Judge Name:||Anna Hewson|
|Kennel Name:||Thunderun Reg.|
|Types of Shows:||Conformation|
|Type of Breeds|
|CDJA Website Biography||http://www.dogjudge.com/index.php/site/member_bio/annahewson/|
|Having longed for dogs as long as I can remember, I have owned a few breeds: rough collie, Irish Setter, (my first purebred dog which a handler showed to his Championship in the mid 1970's); Newfoundland, Portuguese Water dog and a Pointer that I exhibited over the years. After seeing a TV documentary, we fostered a Siberian Husky for Canine Vision Canada. Panda was certified and is recognized as the first Siberian Husky to be a Guide for the blind. My involvement evolved into exhibiting Siberians in 1985 and establishing 'ThundeRun' prefix in 1988. My first litter, a Siberian litter, arrived in July 1990, which resulted in 2, owner handled Champions and started me on my way! Australian Shepherds have been my breed since 1998.
I have learned along the way with lots of reading and help from many; some of the best of both breeders and exhibitors. Participating in handling classes, courses and enjoying countless hours of discussions, gleaning what I could from a number of wonderful people of different breeds over the last 25+ years.
My husband, Albert and I are recently retired from the life of farming pedigreed seed grains and Clydesdale horses. I was fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to fulfill my first dream of horses through total immersion into the horse world with Albert, a 3rd generation Clydesdale breeder. We had a select herd of approximately 40 horses -- all of which were homegrown. The majority were brood mares that produced 6 to 10 exciting youngsters each year; some of which we would exhibit in Fall Fairs throughout Southern Ontario including the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair. We entered horses in conformation line classes and also teams up to a six horse hitch, breeder, owner handled and driven. There was a Hewson horse at every Royal until 2005.
I fell in love with the Australian Shepherd and they became my breed continuing under the ThundeRun prefix since 1998. We have continued with our breeding establishment of Australian Shepherds and pride ourselves in being breeder, owner handlers. Enjoying success and some memorable wins with our breeding program obtaining many Championships on dogs I've bred as well as others I've had the pleasure to own along the way. I've had a few breeder/owner/handled BIS and BPIS winners and multiple dogs in the top 15 Aussies over the years. As well as conformation I dabble in some performance events with my Aussies, mostly in my backyard, although I do have a few CGN, HIC and RN titled dogs; plus multiple agility titled Aussies owned and handled by others. This is our hobby and we enjoy showing the fruits of our labour.
I have served in numerous positions, both elected and volunteer, in Sibes, Aussies and Clydes at both National and Provincial levels. Having had the pleasure of judging may lovely exhibits across Canada and the Eastern United States and being invited to judge The B.C. Siberian Husky Club Specialty, the Canadian National Australian Shepherd Association Specialty, the Maritime Herding Group Specialty as well as a few Australian Shepherd Club of America shows, the fun is just beginning.With the guidance and support of many friends, I am very excited and look forward to continuing my pursuit of a judging career.
Licenced for groups 1,2,3,5,6 & 7. Permit for Group 4.
Mrs. Anna M. Hewson
CKC Judge #6601
AKC Judge #100109
ASCA Judge #5152
|Dog Name||GCh Mojave's Gateway To Gold|
|Owner||Alison Merrick & Meagan Cunnings|
Featured LinksThe Canadian Kennel Club
- The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) is the primary registry body for purebred dogs in Canada and currently recognizes 187 breeds.
- Considering purchasing a purebred dog? The Puppy List is an easy-to-use searchable database that includes contact information for CKC Member Breeders.
- Adding a new member to your family can be an exciting and patience-trying experience. Before contacting potential breeders, visit CKC’s Finding an Accountable Breeder page for a list of key tips to help you find the right breeder for you.
- Barry Truax's Top Dog stats for 1988 - 2007 plus Terriers up to 2017.
- Contact the CDJA to offer Ringside Mentoring & Breed Presentations
- A Canada wide initiative by dedicated enthusiasts, designed to promote the benefits of purebred dog ownership.
Did you know
- So far today Canuck Dogs has had 26,387 visitors.
- Canuck Dogs receives on average 128,345 visitors a day.
- Last month Canuck Dogs received 2,774,818 visitors.
- Since March 26, 2010, Canuck Dogs received 615,797,025 visitors.