|Judge Name:||Betty Leininger|
|Types of Shows:||Conformation|
|Type of Breeds|
|Betty was born in St. John's, Newfoundland. Her interest in pure-bred dogs began at a very early age, with the breeding and exhibiting of German Shepherd dogs. Betty was a co-founder of the Newfoundland All-Breed Kennel Club in St. John's in the early 1960s.
After moving to the United States in 1970, Betty married and enjoyed a successful career as an AKC Professional Handler, guiding the show careers of many top-winning dogs. Betty exhibited in approximately 100 shows annually and was recognized for her professionalism and competitive spirit. During this time Betty co-authored the book "Presentation and Preparation of the Show Dog" and conducted numerous seminars throughout North America and abroad on the handling, conditioning, and presentation of the show dog.
After a successful handling career, Betty retired from showing in 1983 and embarked upon her judging career. Some of the highlights of Betty's judging career to-date include judging the Doberman Pinscher Club of America's national specialty on three separate occasions as well as the DPCA Top Twenty. Other national specialties include the Akita Club of America, the Greater Swiss Mountain Dog Club, the Standard Schnauzer Club of America, the Alaskan Malamute Club of America, the American Rottweiler Club, the Finnish Spitz Club of America and the Anatolian Shepherd Dog Club of America to name a few. Betty has also judged numerous 'supported entry' and specialty shows for Toys, Non-Sporting and working breeds both in the U.S. and abroad.
Betty has also been an active international judge with many assignments abroad including Taiwan, Beijing, China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, Trinidad, Columbia, El Salvador and her native Canada. In April of 2004 she was honored to judge at the World Show in Rio de Janeiro and again at the World Show in Mexico City in May, 2007.
Ms. Leininger was privileged to judge at the AKC Eukanuba Dog Classic in December of 2003 in Long Beach, California, and she has had the great honor of judging at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog show on six occasions, including the Non Sporting Group in 2004, the Working Group in 2012 and Best In Show for the 138th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in 2014.
|Dog Name||GChS Apsolutely Red Red Whine|
|Owner||Shirley M. Clark|
Featured LinksThe Canadian Kennel Club
- The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) is the primary registry body for purebred dogs in Canada and currently recognizes 187 breeds.
- Considering purchasing a purebred dog? The Puppy List is an easy-to-use searchable database that includes contact information for CKC Member Breeders.
- Adding a new member to your family can be an exciting and patience-trying experience. Before contacting potential breeders, visit CKC’s Finding an Accountable Breeder page for a list of key tips to help you find the right breeder for you.
- Barry Truax's Top Dog stats for 1988 - 2007 plus Terriers up to 2017.
- Contact the CDJA to offer Ringside Mentoring & Breed Presentations
- A Canada wide initiative by dedicated enthusiasts, designed to promote the benefits of purebred dog ownership.
Did you know
- So far today Canuck Dogs has had 31,757 visitors.
- Canuck Dogs receives on average 128,429 visitors a day.
- Last month Canuck Dogs received 2,274,067 visitors.
- Since March 26, 2010, Canuck Dogs received 614,918,288 visitors.