|Judge Name:||William deVilleneuve|
|Location:||New York, USA|
|Types of Shows:||Conformation|
|Type of Breeds|
|I began as a breeder-owner-handler in the early 1970's with my Scottish Terriers. I have whelped 20+ litters and shown 20+ Scotties to their AKC championship titles. I was the top Scottie owner-handler in the US with two different dogs in the 80's and 90's. In 2006 I owned the #1 Scottie bitch (#2 overall), a multi group, multi BIS, and multi BISS winner; CH. Wychwood Wyndola of Duff-De who was shown by Bergit Kabel. I have also bred and owned several other multi group and multi BISS winners as well as the top producing Scottie brood bitch 20 years.
Although my judging schedule has forced me to cut back on breeding and limited my available time for showing, i am staying somewhat active and have produced two litters in the past 6 years. Two boys in the first litter completed their AKC championships with their new owner-handlers and two girls from the more recent litter 4 years ago have also finished their championships. I kept one of the girls and returned to the show ring as an exhibitor for the firs time in 7 years and finished "Hannah" myself. It was exciting and challenging to show once again and be in the ring on the other side of the lead. I also hope to breed this girl next spring and have fun with some puppies again.
With regard to judging, I was first approved for Scottish Terriers in 1983 and completed approval for the Terrier Group in 1991. Since then, I have been approved to judge the Toy Group and then completed the Working Group in 2010. More recently, I have been approved to judge several Hounds, including Beagles, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Pharaoh Hounds, Scottish Deerhounds, PBGV’s, Whippets, Norwegian Elkhounds, and Bulldog’s, Bichons, and Lowchen in the Non-Sporting Group. Currently, I am working to complete those groups. My judging travels have taken me to Scotland, Sweden, Mexico, Dominican Republic, almost every province in Canada, as well as most of the states across the US.
I truly enjoy seeing and judging the dogs and have fun doing it. I also try to make it an enjoyable experience for the exhibitors, their dogs, and the spectators too.
|Dog Name||GChB Redlion's Invasion|
|Owner||Robert Boyd, Amanda and Tammy McAllister|
|Handler||Doug Belter / Peter Scott|
|Breed||Retriever (Chesapeake Bay)|
Featured LinksThe Canadian Kennel Club
- The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) is the primary registry body for purebred dogs in Canada and currently recognizes 187 breeds.
- Considering purchasing a purebred dog? The Puppy List is an easy-to-use searchable database that includes contact information for CKC Member Breeders.
- Adding a new member to your family can be an exciting and patience-trying experience. Before contacting potential breeders, visit CKC’s Finding an Accountable Breeder page for a list of key tips to help you find the right breeder for you.
- Barry Truax's Top Dog stats for 1988 - 2007 plus Terriers up to 2017.
- Contact the CDJA to offer Ringside Mentoring & Breed Presentations
- A Canada wide initiative by dedicated enthusiasts, designed to promote the benefits of purebred dog ownership.
Did you know
- So far today Canuck Dogs has had 9,440 visitors.
- Canuck Dogs receives on average 128,350 visitors a day.
- Last month Canuck Dogs received 2,774,818 visitors.
- Since March 26, 2010, Canuck Dogs received 615,438,720 visitors.