|Judge Name:||Tim Thomas|
|Types of Shows:||Conformation|
|Type of Breeds|
|I have been involved in the 'Dog World' since the age of six. During my early years, I handled numerous Collie Roughs under the family prefix of 'Ochaye'. I have also shown and handled many other "working/herding" breeds as well as various "toy" breeds - most significantly the Chinese Crested.
My family and I titled 20 Collie Rough exhibits, in all three colours; including 15 which bear our 'Ochaye' prefix and 3 which became dual (New Zealand/Australian) Champions. In both Australia and New Zealand, our Collie Roughs have been awarded #1 placing in the National Breed Pointscores. Our most well known Collie Roughs, 'GrCh Ochaye My Blue Heaven' and his son 'Gr/SupCh Ochaye Empire Builder', were (consecutively) Australia’s leading Collie Roughs from 2000-2007.
From 2010-2014, I co-owned and campaigned Australia's youngest Shiba Inu Grand and Supreme Champion: 'SupCh Orienta The Benedict'.
Currently, with my partner, I own and breed Australian Shepherds under my family 'Ochaye' prefix. Our breeding has currently produced 7 Champions, including Australia's youngest Supreme Champion Australian Shepherd at 18 months of age. We also exhibited the No.1 ranked Australian Shepherd and No.2 dog (All Breeds) in Australia in 2019: 'Aust Sup Ch Am/HK Gr Ch Impacts Pop Rocks' who achieved 30 x Best in Show awards in just over a year of showing in Australia. 'Rock' also won Best Exhibit in Show at the prestigious 2019 Sydney Royal Easter Show.
Aside from showing and breeding, I have held the position of Vice President for the Collie R&S Club of Qld Inc (2003/2004) and was the Club's Secretary from 2004 to 2009. I became President in 2009 and retired from that position in 2019. In 2019, I was elected as President of the Australian Shepherd Dog Club of Queensland. I Have also been the Vice President and Secretary of the Chinese Crested Dog Club of Qld and am a founding member of the Toy Dog Club of North Queensland.
In 2013, I was appointed to the position of Chairperson of Queensland's Dog of the Year. In February 2015, I was democratically elected (for a 4 year term) to the Dogs Queensland Board of Directors. In 2019, I was appointed as a member of the Conformation Judge's Board.
In August 2015, I passed my final Judging exam, attainting ANKC All Breeds status and in 2018 I was officially recognised as an FCI All Breeds Judge.
Besides judging extensively throughout Australia, I have had the honour of judging in Bolivia, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Guatemala, India, Ireland, Japan, Lithuania, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Peru, the Philippines, Russia, Slovenia, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, the United States of America and Vietnam.
My most notable judging assignments to date include the World Dog Show in Russia (2016), the World Dog Show in Amsterdam (2018) and judging BIS at the Grand Rivers/Ashtabula Kennel Club (2018) in the USA. I also have been invited to Judge at the European Dog Show in Slovenia (2020) and the World Dog Show in Madrid (2020).
|Dog Name||Ch Dalalta New Possibility|
Featured LinksThe Canadian Kennel Club
- The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) is the primary registry body for purebred dogs in Canada and currently recognizes 187 breeds.
- Considering purchasing a purebred dog? The Puppy List is an easy-to-use searchable database that includes contact information for CKC Member Breeders.
- Adding a new member to your family can be an exciting and patience-trying experience. Before contacting potential breeders, visit CKC’s Finding an Accountable Breeder page for a list of key tips to help you find the right breeder for you.
- Barry Truax's Top Dog stats for 1988 - 2007 plus Terriers up to 2017.
- Contact the CDJA to offer Ringside Mentoring & Breed Presentations
- A Canada wide initiative by dedicated enthusiasts, designed to promote the benefits of purebred dog ownership.
Did you know
- So far today Canuck Dogs has had 2,954 visitors.
- Canuck Dogs receives on average 128,423 visitors a day.
- Last month Canuck Dogs received 2,274,067 visitors.
- Since March 26, 2010, Canuck Dogs received 614,889,485 visitors.