|Judge Name:||Fred Bassett|
|Types of Shows:||Conformation|
|Type of Breeds|
|I have been involved with showdogs for 58 years, since 1961. Pomeranians were my major focus while I was actively breeding and showing. In addition to Poms I have also owned and exhibited Poodles, Keeshonden, Old English Sheepdogs, Miniature Schnauzers, a Chihuahua, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and an English Cocker Spaniel. We currently live with a Ragdoll Cat.
I was approved to judge Pomeranians in 1977, and have greatly enjoyed judging dogs for the past 42 years. I am currently approved for all Terrier, Toy, Non Sporting and Herding breeds; as well as Basset Hounds, Miscellaneous Breeds, and Best in Show.
I have judged all over the United States including many National Specialty shows, the Westminster Kennel Club and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship. I have also judged a number of overseas assignments including Australia, Japan, South Korea, Mainland China, Taiwan, Europe, Mexico, South America and Canada. I have been active in dog clubs from the early 1970's onward and have held virtually every office, and handled every role possible over the years. I am an honorary Life Member of the American Pomeranian Club, a member of the Mid-Continent Kennel Club of Tulsa, and two of the major judges organizations in the USA. I have been active in mentoring and judges education for Pomeranians for many years, and have given seminars all over the United States, as well as overseas when I have judged. I conducted a week-long Judges Training program in Mainland China during 2014 as a Contractor for the American Kennel Club, utilizing a Translator and dual-language printed materials. I was appointed as Judges Education Coordinator for the American Pomeranian Club from 2008 to 2014.
My professional career was spent in the Information Technology / Data Processing field. I Retired in March 2005 from a 32 year career in leadership roles working for American Airlines, Sabre Holdings and EDS. I have been married to my wife Janet for 46 years. Janet is retired from a career as a Principal and teacher, and is now working for the Diocese of Tulsa as Assistant Superintendent. We have two grown sons.
|Dog Name||GChB Zesta Shiver Me Timbur|
Featured LinksThe Canadian Kennel Club
- The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) is the primary registry body for purebred dogs in Canada and currently recognizes 187 breeds.
- Considering purchasing a purebred dog? The Puppy List is an easy-to-use searchable database that includes contact information for CKC Member Breeders.
- Adding a new member to your family can be an exciting and patience-trying experience. Before contacting potential breeders, visit CKC’s Finding an Accountable Breeder page for a list of key tips to help you find the right breeder for you.
- Barry Truax's Top Dog stats for 1988 - 2007 plus Terriers up to 2017.
- Contact the CDJA to offer Ringside Mentoring & Breed Presentations
- A Canada wide initiative by dedicated enthusiasts, designed to promote the benefits of purebred dog ownership.
Did you know
- So far today Canuck Dogs has had 20,050 visitors.
- Canuck Dogs receives on average 128,402 visitors a day.
- Last month Canuck Dogs received 2,774,818 visitors.
- Since March 26, 2010, Canuck Dogs received 615,046,231 visitors.