Return To Event
|Judge Name:||Suzanne Hemminger|
|Types of Shows:||Conformation,Obedience Trial,Rally Obedience Trial|
|Type of Breeds|
|Suzanne Hemminger started in the sport of purebred dogs in the early 1970s with Rusty, a
Golden Retriever. Rusty did not belong to her, but she had great fun showing him in
conformation. While showing Rusty in the breed ring, Suzanne ventured into the obedience
ring with Gyngere, a Labrador Retriever and eventually earned her UD. According to
Suzanne, Gyngere absolutely loved the sport and truly "played the crowd."
Suzanne recalls showing almost every weekend in the 1970s and fondly remembers showing Gyngere at a time when gas was only $2.70 per gallon.
In addition to her involvement in the sport of purebred dogs, Suzanne bred horses and showed in the dressage arena for many years. She still has two horses at home and enjoys riding them for pleasure as well as just watching them wander around the pasture in the evenings. Five years ago, Suzanne retired from the Chicago Public Schools system where she taught English and French for thirty-four years. She currently breeds Golden Retrievers and is approved to judge AKC Obedience and Rally as well as Labradors and Goldens in the breed ring. She also serves as the President of the Golden Retriever Club of Illinois.
|Dog Name||GCh Silcort Emma May|
|Owner||Gaston Ouellette & Rheal Morin|
Featured LinksThe Canadian Kennel Club
- The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) is the primary registry body for purebred dogs in Canada and currently recognizes 187 breeds.
- Considering purchasing a purebred dog? The Puppy List is an easy-to-use searchable database that includes contact information for CKC Member Breeders.
- Adding a new member to your family can be an exciting and patience-trying experience. Before contacting potential breeders, visit CKC’s Finding an Accountable Breeder page for a list of key tips to help you find the right breeder for you.
- Barry Truax's Top Dog stats for 1988 - 2007 plus Terriers up to 2017.
- Contact the CDJA to offer Ringside Mentoring & Breed Presentations
- A Canada wide initiative by dedicated enthusiasts, designed to promote the benefits of purebred dog ownership.
Did you know
- So far today Canuck Dogs has had 31,115 visitors.
- Canuck Dogs receives on average 128,338 visitors a day.
- Last month Canuck Dogs received 2,774,818 visitors.
- Since March 26, 2010, Canuck Dogs received 615,895,337 visitors.