|Judge Name:||Ann Hearn|
|Types of Shows:||Conformation|
|Type of Breeds|
|Mrs. Hearn has been involved in the sport of pure-bred dogs since 1952 beginning with Fox Terriers and then non sporting breeds, Bichons in particular and now has 'shave & bathe' MinPins. She has bred Best in Show, Group and BISS winners and has finished many Bichons, Fox Terriers and Miniature Pinschers.
Mrs. Hearn has been an AKC judge since 1984 and judges all over the World. She spent a month in Australia judging in Melbourne, Sidney, and the beautiful coastal area. She has also judged in Russia, Italy, Sweden, Finland, France, New Zealand, Taiwan, China and South Africa. Ann has been an executive committee member of the Bichon Frise Club of America, Atlanta Kennel Club, Greater Atlanta Fox Terrier Club, Sawnee Mountain Kennel Club, Lawrenceville Kennel Club and Kennesaw Kennel Club. She is a member of Judges Association of Georgia, Dog Judges Association of America, Senior Conformation Judges Association and American Dog Show Judges.
Ann was the AKC Gazette columnist for both Wire Fox Terriers and Bichon Frise for many years. She has been editor of the American Fox Terrier Club Newsletter, Atlanta Kennel Club Digest, Bichon Frise Club of America Bulletin, and various other publications. She has been published in many dog magazines and has written books about Bichons, Wire Fox Terriers, Smooth Fox Terriers, Chihuahuas, and Judging published by TFH Publications, Inc. and Kennel Club Books. She was nominated in 1997 for Writer of the Year for a Breed Specific Book by The Dog Writers Association. Ann feels it is important that she give back as much as she has received from the dog sport, and has developed and presented many educational forums for judges to help them better understand breeds and thereby become better judges.
Mrs. Hearn thoroughly enjoys judging as she says she can legitimately get her hands on as many dogs as she likes - and she likes them all!
|Dog Name||GChS Apsolutely Red Red Whine|
|Owner||Shirley M. Clark|
Featured LinksThe Canadian Kennel Club
- The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) is the primary registry body for purebred dogs in Canada and currently recognizes 187 breeds.
- Considering purchasing a purebred dog? The Puppy List is an easy-to-use searchable database that includes contact information for CKC Member Breeders.
- Adding a new member to your family can be an exciting and patience-trying experience. Before contacting potential breeders, visit CKC’s Finding an Accountable Breeder page for a list of key tips to help you find the right breeder for you.
- Barry Truax's Top Dog stats for 1988 - 2007 plus Terriers up to 2017.
- Contact the CDJA to offer Ringside Mentoring & Breed Presentations
- A Canada wide initiative by dedicated enthusiasts, designed to promote the benefits of purebred dog ownership.
Did you know
- So far today Canuck Dogs has had 97,504 visitors.
- Canuck Dogs receives on average 128,395 visitors a day.
- Last month Canuck Dogs received 2,774,818 visitors.
- Since March 26, 2010, Canuck Dogs received 615,526,784 visitors.