|Judge Name:||Gary Anderson|
|Types of Shows:||Conformation|
|Type of Breeds|
|Our first serious show dogs were English Setters. We had a few English Setters before we found a Gordon that we liked. In the late 70’s, we also acquired our first English Cocker. Once we started breeding English Cockers, the English Setters slowly left. We had our first Gordon litter in 1978. This was shortly after we had relocated to Tucson, Arizona from Denver, Colorado.
Through the years we have owned all four Setters. We have also had an Afghan, a Briard, a black Standard Poodle and Smooth Coated Fox Terriers, but our focus has been with the Gordons and English Cockers. We added Smooth Coated Fox Terriers 15 years ago and have bred them.
I served 10 years on the National Board of the Gordon Setter Club of America and am past president of Scottsdale Dog Fanciers All Breed Club. I was instrumental in starting the Arizona Sporting Dog Club, which recently had its twelfth show. In January 2011, I was appointed the Judges’ Education Chairperson for the Gordon Setter Club of America. In 2014, I was appointed Judge’s Education coordinator for the Irish Red and White Setters.
I received my Judging license in 1993, initially approved for Irish, English, Gordon Setters, English Cocker Spaniels and All Breed Junior Showmanship. I now am licensed for the Sporting Group, Non-Sporting Group, the Working Group, Toy Group, 16 hounds, 8 Terriers breeds, Misc. Breeds and Best in Show. I have judged in Australia, China, Columbia, Ireland, Mexico, South Korea and Canada.
|Dog Name||GCh Agha Djari's Jakarta|
|Handler||Will Alexander & Meredith Walker|
Featured LinksThe Canadian Kennel Club
- The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) is the primary registry body for purebred dogs in Canada and currently recognizes 187 breeds.
- Considering purchasing a purebred dog? The Puppy List is an easy-to-use searchable database that includes contact information for CKC Member Breeders.
- Adding a new member to your family can be an exciting and patience-trying experience. Before contacting potential breeders, visit CKC’s Finding an Accountable Breeder page for a list of key tips to help you find the right breeder for you.
- Barry Truax's Top Dog stats for 1988 - 2007 plus Terriers up to 2017.
- Contact the CDJA to offer Ringside Mentoring & Breed Presentations
- A Canada wide initiative by dedicated enthusiasts, designed to promote the benefits of purebred dog ownership.
Did you know
- So far today Canuck Dogs has had 120 visitors.
- Canuck Dogs receives on average 128,348 visitors a day.
- Last month Canuck Dogs received 2,774,818 visitors.
- Since March 26, 2010, Canuck Dogs received 615,429,400 visitors.