|Judge Name:||Eric Liebes (Dr)|
|Types of Shows:||Conformation|
|Type of Breeds|
|Eric's first two dogs were a Komondor and an Ibizan Hound. The Komondor still shares the breed's AKC All-Breed Best In Show record. The Ibizan Hound finished his championship and was one of the first CDX titled Ibizan's.
In the '80's Eric branched out to many Sighthound breeds and also tried his hand at obedience and performance competition. During the 1980's, based out of Denver, he finished championships on dogs of numerous breeds in the family and for others, and placed regularly in the Hound, Working and Herding groups throughout the Rocky Mountain area. He also achieved 7 Komondor National Specialty wins, 10 all-breed Bests-In-Show and finished CD's on five Komondors, two Ibizan Hounds and a Tibetan Terrier.
Eric's first Ibizan Hound was acquired in 1981. By 1994 he had bred a Dual Champion, multiple Best-in-Field, Pedigree Award, and National Specialty winning dog and several other Dual Champions. Eric is still active as an exhibitor and breeder. He has a 7 year old Ibizan Hound and a 5 year old Komondor. Each of these dogs have been Select at their Nationals. With Joan he has shown, bred and finished Samoyeds, including 3 with specialty wins and group placements.
Eric was first approved to judge by the AKC in 1992. His first breed approvals were Ibizans, Greyhounds, and Komondors. He is now approved to judge all Sporting, Hound, Working and Herding breeds, Misc., Junior Showmanship, and BIS. He has judged in Australia, Canada, China, Sweden, Ireland, and Mexico as well as for AKC. He continues to study and learn more about all of the breeds. Eric has had the honor of judging the National Specialty for Greyhounds, Ibizan Hounds,Kuvasz, Samoyeds and Standard Schnauzers. His goal is to bring a breeder's eye to his judging every time he judges, especially at these important specialties.
Eric is a breed mentor in Komondors, Samoyeds, Greyhounds, Ibizan Hounds and Pulis. He is currently the Judge's Education Coordinator for the Ibizan Hound Club of the United States. Eric and his wife Joan live outside of Colorado Springs with 7 dogs and 2 horses. Eric is retired from his career as a Research Geophysicist for Chevron.
|Dog Name||GChB Redlion's Invasion|
|Owner||Robert Boyd, Amanda and Tammy McAllister|
|Handler||Doug Belter / Peter Scott|
|Breed||Retriever (Chesapeake Bay)|
Featured LinksThe Canadian Kennel Club
- The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) is the primary registry body for purebred dogs in Canada and currently recognizes 187 breeds.
- Considering purchasing a purebred dog? The Puppy List is an easy-to-use searchable database that includes contact information for CKC Member Breeders.
- Adding a new member to your family can be an exciting and patience-trying experience. Before contacting potential breeders, visit CKC’s Finding an Accountable Breeder page for a list of key tips to help you find the right breeder for you.
- Barry Truax's Top Dog stats for 1988 - 2007 plus Terriers up to 2017.
- Contact the CDJA to offer Ringside Mentoring & Breed Presentations
- A Canada wide initiative by dedicated enthusiasts, designed to promote the benefits of purebred dog ownership.
Did you know
- So far today Canuck Dogs has had 23,269 visitors.
- Canuck Dogs receives on average 129,040 visitors a day.
- Last month Canuck Dogs received 1,579,303 visitors.
- Since March 26, 2010, Canuck Dogs received 609,844,856 visitors.